Hertz rentals in the USA, Loss Damage Waiver (LDW) is a coverage that relieves you of all financial responsibility for the loss and damage of/to the Hertz car. Whether or not you have insurance to cover such damage, provided the car is used in accordance with the terms of the rental agreement.
For Hertz rentals in Canada, Loss Damage Waiver (LDW) is a coverage that reduce your financial responsibility for the loss and damage of/to the Hertz car. This is reduced whether or not you have insurance to cover such damage and providing the car is used in accordance with the terms of the rental agreement. LDW for Hertz rentals in Canada is subject to an excess of CAD 500.00 (CAD 1500.00 in Whitehorse).
To find out more, please follow the below steps:
- Visit our page https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/location
- Enter your pickup location and press "Find locations";
- Click on "More Location Details" under the specific location's address and phone number
- Scroll the page down and click on the blue link "Qualifications & Requirements";
- Select either "Insurance and Other Coverages" or "Loss Damage Waiver" in the drop down menu that will appear
|Where can you find detailed information regarding insurances?|
In the rental terms and conditions, which can be find on the Hertz website.
|Is your customer liable in case of loss and/or damages of the vehicle? |
Yes, in most US states the customer is liable for all damages. Even if it’s not clear who caused the accident.
|Is LDW included in the HB+ & HB Lite Rate?|
Yes, LDW is included in HB Lite and HB +